Wednesday, July 27, 2016

My God Is My Refuge: Amazing Grace






Why is my pain continuous,
my wound incurable, refusing to be healed?

~ Jeremiah 15: 18





These were the words of the prophet Jeremiah to our God following series of criticism and even threat to his life following his preaching to the people about the need for repentance from sin.





What about you and me? What risks are we willing to take to bring love to our people and live a life that will bring glory to God in spite of criticism, antagonism and rejection?



Are you willing to sacrifice your comfort in order to speak the truth about God?

Are you willing to sacrifice your ephemeral friendship for the love of God?

Are you willing to preach the words of God by your lives?

Are you willing to trust in God’s protection and divine providence?



The prophet was able to continue to preach about these necessities and therefore the “Kingdom of God” by the power and grace of the almighty God who promised never to abondon nor forsake Jeremiah!



Today we too are called upon to share in the mystery of the joy and comfort that comes from doing the will of God!



Today we are challenged to love instead of hate, share joy instead of sorrow, live in the freedom of the Holy Spirit instead of in the bondage of the Devil!



Today God is asking us to trust in his infinte protection for our lives because he the almighty is our amzing grace!



GOD’S REMEDY:



As we go about doing God’s will in our lives, the same almighty will respond to our concerns, fears and doubts in the same way that he answered the prophet Jeremiah, if only we shall hold on!




”Thus the LORD answered me:
If you repent, so that I restore you,
in my presence you shall stand;
If you bring forth the precious without the vile,
you shall be my mouthpiece.


Then it shall be they who turn to you,
and you shall not turn to them;
And I will make you toward this people
a solid wall of brass.


Though they fight against you,
they shall not prevail,
For I am with you,
to deliver and rescue you, says the LORD.


I will free you from the hand of the wicked,
and rescue you from the grasp of the violent.”



~ Jeremiah 15: 19 -21



Prayer:



Let us join the Psalmist and pray in confidence to our God and recognize in the almighty the resident power that he is truly our refuge and without him we can do nothing and he is our amzing grace!



O Lord, help me to respond as the Psalmist did today and believe in your divine protection, mercy and comfort for all those who put their trust, hope and faith in thee.


(Psalm 59)



God is my refuge on the day of distress.


Rescue me from my enemies, O my God;
from my adversaries defend me.
Rescue me from evildoers;
from bloodthirsty men save me.

For behold, they lie in wait for my life;
mighty men come together against me,
Not for any offense or sin of mine, O LORD.

O my strength! for you I watch;
for you, O God, are my stronghold,
As for my God, may his mercy go before me;
may he show me the fall of my foes.

But I will sing of your strength
and revel at dawn in your mercy;
You have been my stronghold,
my refuge in the day of distress.

O my strength! your praise will I sing;
for you, O God, are my stronghold,
my merciful God!
God is my refuge on the day of distress.



May the good Lord God bless his words in our lives. Amen!



Podeh2016






No comments:

Post a Comment