Friday, August 12, 2016

ACT OF CONTRITION


O my God, I am heartily sorry for all my sins:

Whenever I fail to love you!
Whenever I swear falsely by your name!
Whenever I fail to love my neighbors!
Whenever I refuse to forgive others who hurt me!
Whenever I cheat others!

Whenever I denigrate and humiliate others!
Whenever I discriminate against others!
Whenever I kill others, through my false witnessing!
Whenever I am greedy and self-centered!
Whenever I betray others!

Whenever I maliciously condemn others!
Whenever I hate the poor, the weak and the helpless!
Whenever I support evil, war and hate!
Whenever I use my talents to hurt others!

In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things, O Lord my God.

I firmly intend, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid the occasions of sin. O my Jesus Christ you suffered and died for us, help me to die to self and be raise by your love.

In the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and redeemer O my God have mercy on us.
Amen.

May the good Lord, our God bless us this day, as we live his love in our lives today.


Ref: The Essential Catholic Prayer Book, with some modifications by me!
Podeh2016


No comments:

Post a Comment