Thursday, August 3, 2017

Ten Guidelines from God On How To Find True Peace



Ten Guidelines from God On How To Find True Peace

(An Inspirational Christian Story

By unknown Author as adopted by Peter Odeh)


“The Kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.”

~ Matthew 13: 44


Without doubt, the Gospel suggests through parables that to know God and to live according to the Good News are the most precious things (treasures) in life!
By simple definition treasure is talked about in terms of wealth or riches stored or accumulated, especially in the form of precious metals, money, jewels, or plate, or as valuable things and last but not the least, as anything or person greatly valued or highly prized.

From a Christian perspective, treasure means more than the material comfort that typifies the dictionary definition. In fact, true treasure is eternal life in God through Jesus Christ and it is unending. In addition, let us not forget that fresh water and fresh air should fit into the definition of treasure since, notwithstanding we take these two elements for granted; they are both indispensable and highly prized.

As a person of faith, God is our ultimate treasure source and to be with him, accounts for the ultimate treasure our souls desires, since we possess the potential of either life eternal or everlasting death. However, while on earth, and in due recognition of the daily challenges, difficulties and sufferings we are subject to encounter in addition to sometimes easy life styles, the almighty God is ministering to us through this Ten Guidelines on how to surrender ourselves to him and be able to live life to the fullest, here on earth and in anticipation of eternal life.

Below is the contemplation that I have adopted from the Unknown Author of the title that I am using as a base to help us appreciate what an awesome God we have and why we MUST allow him to be our God!

1.    WORRYING
Quit worrying! Quit worrying!! Quit worrying! Why, because worrying in itself is neither a solution nor a positive action of remedy, rather it is simply a waste of your precious time. Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. God is asking you this question: “Have you forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you?” Did you not remember when I prompted you saying “Come to me all you who labored and are overburdened and I shall give you rest.”? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?


2.    LIST
I am the almighty God and very much aware of your list! However, I cannot force you against your will that is why when I created man, I gave him the freedom to choose between life and death, on his own term. My child put it on the list! Something needs to be done or taken care of, put it on the list. Yes, the list- not your list, I am talking about my list. Let me be the one to take care of the problem. I cannot help you until you turn it over to me.
Notwithstanding that my to do list is long, remember, I am God and nothing is impossible for me to do. I can take care of anything you put into my hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.


3.    TRUST
Once you have given me your burdens, quit trying to take them back! Trust me. I want you to believe that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials, because I am the God that never lies, and my goodness is steadfast and infinite too.
Do you have problems with your marriage? Put them on my list.
Do you have Problem with the children? Put them on my list.
Do you have Problem with unemployment or underemployment? Put them on my list
Do you have problem with your finances? Put them on my list.
Do you have problems with your emotional roller coaster? Put them on my list.
For my sake, put it on my list. I want to help you. All you have to do is to ask!

4.    LET GO
Leave it alone! I am talking to you about your problems. Why do you wake up one morning and then say to yourself, “Well, I am feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here.” What? Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It’s simple: You gave me your burdens and I am taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don’t you know that if I give these problems back to you, you will be right back to where you started? Leave your problems with me and forget about them. Just let me do my job.

5.    PRAY
Talk to me, I want to hear from you. I want you to forget a lot of things.
Forget what was making you crazy.
Forget the worrying and the fretting because you know I am in control.
Forget about those who hate you unnecessarily and focus on me.
But, one thing I hope you never forget is prayer!
Please do not forget to talk to me- and often for that matter. I like to hear your voice. I want to hear your voice. I want you to include me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation with me. I want to be your dearest friend.


6.    FAITH
I see a lot of things from up here that you cannot see from where you are. Have faith in me that I know what I am doing. Trust me; you wouldn’t want the view from my eyes. I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust me. Although I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble doing your part. O, how hard can trust be?
Ask for the gifts of faith, hope and love!

7.    SHARE
As a child you were taught how to share! Generosity is a virtue!! Do you still remember how your parents used to tell you to give to those who don’t have? Even now, the same applies my child. Reach out to those in need, and do not forget not ever needs is money related. There are many people that are sad, mourning and alone, please be their encouragement and help bring happiness, joy and company to them. There are others who are experiencing tough challenges like unemployment, homelessness, sickness and even lack of food and clothing. Bring them all before my throne of grace and offer their suffering to me in your prayers. Then try and support them as much as you can! Anytime you help someone, miracles must happen is my everlasting promises to you. Did you forget the young chap with the bread and fish that I used to feed five thousand men? I want you to be that young chap to this generation.
Share your laughter with those who haven’t heard any in such a long time.
Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry.
Share your faith with those who have none.

8.    PATIENCE
How can you all of a sudden become so impatient with me when it takes me a little longer than you expect to handle something on my to-do-list? I want you to trust my timing, for mine is perfect. Remember, a thousand years to me is just like a day, therefore, you must be patient with me and have faith and hope in my divine timing to handle your situation.
When I delay, it’s not because I want to hurt you, on the contrary, I am making you stronger, wiser and better. Have you forgotten you used to be a child and now you are able to read and write and plan for tomorrow? The diverse experiences are for your own good, so that you can appreciate life. The saying experience is the best teacher applies too and I want you to have the best of the best. Now, because you have experienced so much, I want you to become an instrument of encouragement to others who may likely go through the same situations.

9.    KINDNESS
My child, you must be kind to others, for I love them as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or look like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. I created all of you in my image and likeness and so often, I am saddened when some of my children compare others that don’t look like them to apes and other lower animals! Why is there so much discrimination about the color of the skin? I am God and I love diversity because there is beauty in diversity, and yet, many are so unkind and heartless.
Please try and get along, for my sake with my other children. I the Lord, God, created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please know I love each of your differences.

10.                      LOVE
As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for one reason only- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of love.
The two commandments that I give to you are love me, your God with all your soul, heart and might and love your neighbor as yourself. You must also love yourself too.
I want you to stop blaming and getting angry with yourself when things go wrong. Remember, you are but humans, whereas, I am God, and it is only me that is perfect and cannot make mistakes. You are so precious to me and I want you to know I love you so much.
It is this same love that enables me to allow my Only Begotten Son to become man, die for your sins and by raising from the dead, defeated death and pave the way for eternal salvation for you. I want you to live with me forever in my Kingdom of eternal glory and only in love can you achieve this- because I am love and love is God!

Prayer:
Dear heavenly Father,
I thank you so much for these guidelines, and I ask you to give me the grace to follow them, so that I can let go of myself and allow you to take control of my life.
Help me to trust in you!
Help me to hope and have faith in you!
Help me to love you above everything in life!
Help me to love my neighbors as myself!
Grant me the wisdom to know the difference between good and evil, and the courage to do good at all times.
Thank you, my Lord and my God, for I believe you love me and want the best for me too.
In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen!

@PeterNHelenOdeh @FocusInLove


No comments:

Post a Comment