Monday, October 12, 2015

What Song Do You Sing?



What Song Do You Sing?


“Sing to the Lord a new song, who has done wondrous deed.”
~ Psalm 98:1


What song are we singing- not merely with our lips, but with our lives?
When people see us, hear us or interact with us, what song do they hear coming from us?

Is it a song of sorrow?
Is it a song of anxiety?
Is it a song of complaining?
Is it a song of frustration?
Is it a song of hopelessness?
Is it a song of doubt?
It is a song of hatred?
Is it a song of disappointment?
Is it a song of unemployment?
Is it a song of poverty?
Is it a song of war?
Is it a song of defeat?
Is it a song of death?

Or is it a song of joy, trust and gratitude in the midst of live challenges?
If it is the former, then maybe we have to get in touch again with the “wondrous deeds” of God is doing in our personal lives and in our world.

Just because things are not the way you envisage them, does not mean God is not in control!
Maybe we are taking for granted, God’s divine favors, protections and love!
Maybe we are taking for granted, God’s divine mercy and plan of eternal salvation!
Maybe we are taking for granted, God’s divine healing and providence!
Maybe we are taking for granted, God’s divine gifts of family, friends and life.

PRAYER:
Gracious God, help me to see and appreciate the marvelous deeds you are doing in my life and in the world.
Help me to sing a song of joy, trust and gratitude by the way I live my life.
Help me to see you in everything that happens to me.
Help me to see your comfort in my struggles.
Help me to love you above everything else in this world.
And Lord, God help me to continue to thank you for the gifts of family, friends and benefactors in my life.
Amen!
Podeh/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment